- This event has passed.
Family Fitness Festival & 150 Challenge
Please check the event website before attending, to verify the details and make sure there's no change.
June 9, 2018 @ 8:00 amFree
Help the Reading Hospital celebrate its 150th anniversary this year with a free “150 Challenge,” which will include a 5K run, 5K walk and Family Fitness Festival.
The 5K run begins at 8 a.m., and the 5K walk begins at 9 a.m. Both events will start and finish at Reading Hospital’s iconic clock tower, and the course will wind through Wyomissing and West Reading parks. FREE fun activities for all ages from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Reading Hospital
- Champion Connection: Find out what makes a champion by meeting local and national celebrity athletes.
- Athletic Alley: Measure the speed of your baseball pitch, take part in our golf swing clinic or challenge a friend to a hopscotch throwdown. Kids can join the “Mini 150” timed relay course and perform 150 jump rope jumps, sit ups, and much more!
- Fitness Through the Ages: Enjoy live fitness performances from local dance groups, exercise teams, and community groups.
- Move Right, Think Right, Feel Right: Learn how to reduce stress through mindfulness and fitness demos.
- Go Further with Food: This interactive area connects fun with healthy cooking demonstrations, information booths and games to help you choose wisely.
- Athleisure Fashion Show: Learn how to stylize your workouts with comfortable fitness and leisure attire.
- Fitness Forever: Our fitness scavenger hunt will have you moving across the hospital campus to be entered into an hourly drawing for a Fitbit!