- This event has passed.
Goschenhoppen Folk Festival
Please check the event website before attending, to verify the details and make sure there's no change.
August 12 @ 10:00 am
For over 50 years the Goschenhoppen Folk Festival has showcased daily life of the Pennsylvania Germans in the 18th and 19th centuries. Over 500 volunteers, dressed in period clothing, use authentic tools to recreate traditional home skills, trades, pastimes, foods, and folk music. You will find yourself surrounded by the sights, sounds and smells of a day in Goschenhoppen.
- See hundreds of costumed craftsmen teach the vanishing secrets of their arts; rope maker, wheelwright, tinsmith, blacksmith, cooper, gardener, seamstress, needleworker, hearth cooks and more.
- Visit friendly farm animals and ride in a horse drawn wagon.
- Taste traditional refreshments; sausage sandwiches, fastnachts, shoofly pie, peaches & ice cream, and homemade root beer, just to name a few.
- Listen to entertaining and varied stage programs including folklife presentations, PA Dutch dialect singing, and a daily band concert.
- Tour the Henry Antes House, a national historic landmark, restored, owned, and operated by the Goschenhoppen Historians that will be open during Festival hours.